Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Post Card



As I was writing down my observations for this postcard assignment in Red Square I remember at first feeling a little strange sitting there writing notes as I just observed people. However as the time passed by I started feeling more comfortable, especially as I realized nobody was really paying attention to me watching them.At the time when I first started observing in Red Square, the scene was actually pretty similar to the the scene in the postcard. Except perhaps it was a little less sunny than depicted. At 1:20 the scene was entirely opposite, the empty serene square became completely alive and filled with students making their way to their next class. It was so interesting to observe the dynamics between friends, some people were really animated as they talked to each other, and other people had their headphones plugged in and seemed very much in their own world. Overall the picture in the postcard reflects a calm tranquil scene that is not observed in peak hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment